Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Friday, January 10, 2014

140110 Not Writing.

It seems harder to write than it used to. I didn’t write in November. There is too much to do, but I don’t do it, or can’t do it all. I feel like a broken record, sometimes. Everything I say is either political or comes from the Word, or both. I guess I quit writing because of the name-calling. My political stance is based on the Word of God. Bashers like to make personal attacks rather than point by point comparisons. Facts generally initiate either a thoughtful change or an emotional response - normally the latter, because the former is just plain work. Yelling louder seems to mean that one has won the point. Facts lose value. Truth becomes pliable. Only feel-good rhetoric and high-minded lies matter.

Personally, I have made great strides in personal growth in the last five or six years. I gained a little knowledge and a great deal of wisdom, which somehow makes me want to speak and write less. Why throw pearls before swine? (Matthew 7:6). “Stupid is as stupid does,” (1 Corinthians 14:38) and as much as I want the entire world to understand wisdom and discretion, (Proverbs 3:21,22), the entire world has been given over to idolatry, (Romans 1:21-23).

This site was meant to start a business, but instead of selling oils, I seem to be stagnating. “People don’t care what you know until they know that you care.” I care, but I don’t convey that well. Sometimes, I care too much, so I have to stop caring in order to function. Disentangling is the only part that some people see. I cry that my books and my poetry protect me. I want, however, to see people healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment