Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Friday, July 25, 2014

140725 What Makes You Scream?

Diary: 140725

It just comes out: that ear-splitting, horror movie scream races through my throat to mobilize everyone in the house, sleeping or not. Three seconds of high pitched volume does more than any call to reveille. It gets the blood pumping.

It was a cockroach.

In South Texas, (thanks to Lackland AFB), our little house bugs are two to three inches long, as much as eight or nine centimeters! These Southeast Asian imports are quite at home here in our subtropical climate. Usually, bugs and mice enter a house looking for water, because food is plentiful outside, while water is scarce. No other bug affects me this way. I actually like spiders for their fly-killing ways.

Did you know that we have a snake? I love snakes. Three of North America’s poisonous snakes live in this area, and I know how to deal with them all. Most snakes avoid people, and disappear when they can. I simply allow them to do so. Many snakes are quite useful, because they eat things we don't want! Our ball python eats mice, which is the only other creature that causes me to scream. I need a pet that eats giant, fear-inducing cockroaches. What do iguanas eat?



**I sprayed the house with oils that are supposed to repel the giant beetles. When day comes, I plan to find what KILLS them.

1/2 Cup water
1/2 Teaspoon salt
5 Drops Cypress
10 Drops Peppermint

 

No comments:

Post a Comment