Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Thursday, January 1, 2015

150101 Happy New Year!

It is simply the change in the calender, but many people apply significance to it. I, however, prefer to start my new year in the fall. Today, I weighed in at 234, which is up from my previous weigh-in two weeks ago. I shall use this conveniently placed calendar change to add more exercise and better food choices to my routine.

Job 3:25
"For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me."
Fear is believing. If you don't believe in it, how can you fear it? Actively disbelieve those bad things, at least as they apply to you, and be proactive in expecting good things. With God, all things are possible. His promises are in His Word.
 — celebrating New Year's Day.

Last night, I did something different. I went to what could be best described as a 'prayer meeting'. I have gone to a handful of those in my life, and they were all a little different. Last night, many people had some weakness they wanted addressed. I prayed for everyone.

I went home expecting to find Agent Em waiting eagerly with The Hobbit in hand, but no one was home. Moon got off work and took her to some debauchery involving her friends and another band. What a wonderful end to a nice, Christian evening. :O Therefore, I rang in the new year with Diet Coke, X-Files, and intermittent snoring.

Many proclaim great hopes for the new year, but didn't they do that last year? I believe that I will continue my journey with God and apply more of His promises to my life. I also expect this year to have its own Day of Infamy. Let's drink to me being wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment