Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Sunday, July 12, 2015

150712 Lying Liars Lie, So Choose

The art of politics concerns lying convincingly. Politicians lie. Who knew? Therefore, I encourage everyone, both young and old, to choose a standard, make a hard copy, and refer to it frequently. From an early age, I took an interest in politics. I was ten when I followed my first presidential election. Yes, at age ten I read about Humphery, Wallace, and Nixon. I have opinions on today's issues, but they pale when compared to the standard I have chosen.

My standard is God's Word. If God said it, that settles it. Most people have no idea what God really said, but often those same people are not shy about proclaiming what they think He meant. God claims neither side of any political debate despite what any person or group or historical society may claim. God supersedes politics. God transcends political boundaries. God takes care of those who trust in Him despite any political affiliations. Trust God. Humans lie. :(

How does one trust God? Study His Word. There were deliberate forgeries, but they can be ferreted out and overcome. God's Word is perfect, so any 'mistake' is glaring. Some people hate Christians. They yell and scream, but not from the mistakes. They hate when the perfection shows. That's because there is an Adversary, as noted in 1 Peter 5:8, 2 Corinthians 4:4, The Book of Job, Genesis 3, and the Gospels. God loves it when we study, 2 Timothy 2:15. It's how we get to spend time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment