Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Monday, November 23, 2015

151123 Emergency Supplies

Today, I was reading about emergency supplies. This is something that interests me. Here is part of the list of things one needs for emergencies.

Medical supplies to have on hand:
  • Scissors
  • Cloth or paper medical tape 1-2 inch wide
  • 4 x 4 gauze; it can be folded over when the injury is small.
  • Ace bandages — 3-5 inches wide for the lower and upper extremities
  • Slings
  • Splinter remover to remove foreign bodies
  • Ice pack

Although I edited this list a little for my own needs, I had to totally scrap his list of medications. We use essential oils, which have something like a twenty year shelf life.

Oils we need for common ailments and emergencies:
  1. Thieves® treats all viral and bacterial infections.
  2. Pain medications:
    1. Severe pain: equal parts copaiba, balsam fir, and frankincense. Place four drops each into 00 capsule and take every three to five hours as needed.
    2. Headache: vetiver, marjoram, lemon, and coriander. Place three drops each into 00 capsule and take as needed.
    3. Body aches: cypress and lemongrass. Place three drops each into 00 capsule, add several drops of olive oil, and take as needed.
  3. Breathing medications: Peppermint, Wintergreen, or eucalyptus. Smell one or all.
  4. Gastrointestinal medications: Apply DiGize® to the tummy area, or take internally.
  5. Skin medications: frankincense, lavender and carrot work well for skin conditions. Mix with equal parts of carrier oil, and apply topically. For sunscreen, add about thirty drops of lavender to four ounces of sesame oil and apply to skin.
  6. Psychotropic medications: Ha! Use Peace and Calming®, Grounding®, or Common Sense® or some other blend that address the specific complaint. Frankincense is also good for improving one's mood, especially when coupled with the Word of God!
  7. Diabetic medications: Common Sense® works. My favorite blend uses four drops each of ocotea, clove, and bergamot.

So, now I have the ultimate list of oils to keep with me. I shall build my supply. These oils keep for years, even decades, unopened, so stockpiling is not the waste of money that chemical medications could become. Plus, some of them can be grown locally.

My short list of valuable oils:
Aroma Siez
Balsam fir
Bergamot
Clove
Copiaba
DiGize
Fennel
Frankincense
Lavender
Ocotea
Peppermint
Thieves
Ylang Ylang

These guys are the ones I use on a regular basis. Other that I that would be nice to have on hand would be:

Common Sense®
Coriander
Cypress
Eucalyptus Globulus
Grounding®
Lemon
Lemongrass
Marjoram
Peace and Calming®
Vetiver


Vetiver is one I should probably have, because it provides emotional grounding and sleep support. Frankly, I have no problem with my sleep. I have come to like the cat naps I take instead of the one long chunk. Insomnia is good for writing. On the other hand, 
vetiver is a vital ingredient in the alternative to acetaminophen.

No comments:

Post a Comment