Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Thursday, October 31, 2013

131031 Reform

Four hundred and ninety-six years ago today, my hero nailed a list of topics for discussion among his peers. He simply wanted his bosses to make a few changes in the organization to bring it back into line with the original Statement of Purpose, but because he wouldn't sacrifice his principles, the face of Europe changed.

Yes, I taught fellowship last night, and once again, recited the last bit of Luther's speech at the Diet of Worms. Every time I look at what he did and see the depth of his desire to adhere to the Word of God, fire lights in my heart. (No, it wasn't the spicy food I had for supper....)

The Word has examples:

Jeremiah 20:9  
Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Acts 4:20  
For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

It has to come back to the Word. The Word is first, because it is the Word of God that reveals God. People like to say that they can 'see' God in children, or in nature, or in something else. This may be true, but the Word says that our Adversary, the Devil, wants to deflect us from God, and will use any means possible. According to the Word, THE WORD reveals God. Other things may reflect God, but only the Word reveals Him. I am thankful that someone took the time to teach me the Word; many continued the lessons, so that now I may teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment