Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Thursday, February 20, 2014

140220 Time for Thoughts; Time for Life

I haven't done much writing lately. My thoughts about a year ago were to make this a platform for selling oils. Many of my friends and acquaintances were making an income from selling Young Living Oils, so I thought it was the answer to supporting my children.

Not so much.

I am not a salesman. I miss opportunities. It is hard enough for me to speak to people in general, much less to convince them that they must spend money on something, even if it helps them. The United States of America has too rich a history of snake oil salesmen, charlatans, and cheaters so that and everyone here thinks that everything is bad. Classic wisdom says it best:

Luke 6:41  
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Americans seem to think that contention shows wisdom. Every time one person says something is good, three more compete in finding the worst clause or word or appearance that shows that 'good' is 'evil'. For example, some enterprising young man found a way to seal devastating battlefield wounds in seconds. It worked far better than anything currently used and had widespread applications for car accidents and other disasters where people bled profusely. The very first comment on the article I read condemned the practice because it 'might' cause an allergic reaction in a minority of people. Let's crush ALL innovation, because someone might be hurt! Let the majority die; it's so better than discomfort!

I, more than most, recognize that some people have life-threatening allergies. I have my own, but when the choice is dying or dealing with the allergic reaction, I'll take my chances! A 50-50 chance of living through an allergic reaction is far better than 20% or 0% from bleeding out! Oh, wait! That's math! No one does math anymore! That's how Obamacare got passed. The emotional desire for universal health care beat out the reality of the number crunching that so few did. Now, all the predictions of the mathletes are coming to pass, and those who relied on emotion are even more emotional.

Organizing my time can be an emotional decision as well, but rational thinking is required. I have resisted taking a full time job, because Agent needs school, my health has been questionable, and I have no plans to buy any kind of health insurance. Like my educational choices, my medical choices are sanctioned by neither the American Medical Association, nor the government. By removing myself from their standards, however, my health has improved to the point that I can now pursue employment. This means, that I shall have no more time for online activities. My Internet contract ends March 20th. Support for XP ends April 8th. I have yet to find a new service, but did start experimenting with Windows 7.

This is fair warning. My writing can hardly suffer more than it has. If I don't get that full time job, of course I'll find a way to get online! I love my friends. If I disappear, however, work will be why.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be crossing all digits, sending strong positive thoughts and pray you get a job you can function in without worsening your health

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete