Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Saturday, May 24, 2014

140524 Blood-Sucking Vampires!

The worst thing about living here are the mosquitoes, (or the thorns, or the heat, or the scorpions...). In the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, mosquitoes are tiny little insects that secretly bite. In South Texas, they are the size of horse flies. They painfully attack right through one's t-shirt, shorts, and socks to leave swelled redness that painfully itches.

I took five steps out my back door to water my poor, lonely tomato plant and five or six of the monsters immediately attached themselves to my legs and started pumping blood like angry motorists demanding gasoline. I could not swat them quickly enough. Although I smeared several of the little devils across my body, I came away with seven welts in hard to reach places.

Soaking in Epson Salts helped a bit. Citronella oil is keeping them out of the house, but they hide in the AC units, and get into the cars at night.

Little vampires!

No comments:

Post a Comment