Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Monday, July 20, 2015

150720 La Cucaracha and Mercy

Most people think of cockroaches as quarter-sized vermin that run from the light. In San Antonio, our Asian imports are 2 to 3 inches long and have no fear of sunlight, nor of screaming, stomping giants. Saturday, I read that they hated peppermint and cypress essential oils. After sprinkling some around my bathroom, one ran onto my foot. It took about half a second for me to punt that miscreant into the wall while screaming like 1950s horror movie queen. Instead of dying, it skittered drunkenly out the door. I'm convinced that I reached my target heart rate during that little exercise.

I'll be taking a break from posting until September. Although I submitted my resignation last week, it was not accepted. My Branch Coordinator reminded me that the Church Epistles all start with grace and peace, but the Leadership Epistles include mercy. Above all, leadership needs to include mercy. I'll be working my tail off for the next five or six weeks. Perhaps this will encourage the stomach and thighs to shrink, too. ;)

Actually, my muse has not been that consistent, so in effect, things might not look all that different on the blogs! We'll see. Sometimes pressure of time makes the brain work more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment