Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

111011 The Fall

It will get worse. It could get a lot worse. My dad once said that we almost lost this country 75-80 years ago. It was bad then, and we recovered. We might recover. We might. Basic rights are no longer sure. There are enough laws, that no one has obeyed them all. 

We are all incredibly wealthy, and yet "they" tell us that we are poor. Class warfare leads to revolution. Some have seen the irony of protesting corporations by using cell phones to organize and wearing expensive shoes while rioting. Bread and circuses ruined Rome. Two thousand years from now, someone will write a paper on us, comparing the fall of western civilization to the Fall of the Roman Empire. Like them, it won't be quick and clean. It will be slow and agonizing.

Hey, I'd be happy and post the Word, but that just brings out the trolls.

1 Thessalonians 1:10
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 comment:

  1. Deep thoughts, my friend. Good times and bad times. The rise of a civilization and the fall of a civilization. It's not really possible for one person to change those, or so I see it, so I'll choose to focus on what I can do something about. For now that is taking one day at a time and trying to do my best at making it a good day for my family and those I'm in contact with.

    This morning I felt too tired and worn out to do anything, but then I got up and cleaned the kitchen, then I put on a basked of laundry and decided that was all I was up for. Watching all the dog hairs everywhere made me growl loudly to myself, but I managed to force myself to vacuum. Sat down and felt good about myself and a bleak day wasn't so terribly bleak anymore after all and I decided to make a nice dinner.

    I know it isn't that much, but it did make a difference for me and it made a difference for Simen who was thrilled about the dinner and I got to learn a new() expression. "Face-rape" - When you forget to log out of your facebook account and your class mates do silly things 'on your behalf' Apparently he got faceraped yesterday, but not worse than he was able to laugh about it all and see the humour in it

    ReplyDelete