Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

150630 Last Day

Today, the PO Box keys go back to the postmaster. It's a small town, so she'll ask where I'm going and we'll talk awhile. Then, everyone will know that I'm gone. I won't even need to announce it on Facebook. ;) Then, I'll go to the bank. With electronic banking, I can keep my small town bank, but I'll miss the face to face service. Maybe, I can switch to Frost. They also have a reputation for service.

My younger daughter, whom I shall refer to as "Agent M" until she passes 18, will join me in the move. She and I plan to check out a rental today. The elder will be transferring to her best friend's apartment. Some of us still call her by her code name of "Moon".

Why the code names? I started programming in 1976. At that time, there was no Internet, but there was an intranet. Learning security started back then. We chose user names because they were short and used less memory. In those days, a few characters did make a difference. (This is one of the reasons that Y2K was important.) In the early 1990s, the very first Internet-based child predator showed up on AOL. My first child was born shortly afterwards. I was so concerned with security, that I became expert at it. I drilled it into my children. Advise on Internet security that one can find on some popular sites is terribly wimpy. Go to komando.com instead. I've been using methods similar to hers since the last century.

I've been somewhat lazy about checking my blood glucose. This may be because the menus have been recorded. I can do only so much! This morning, my bg was 95. :D The low-carb diet pays off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment