Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Monday, January 11, 2016

160111 Joy and Happiness

Joy in Your World

What's bringing you the most happiness in your life right now? Why is it such a good thing for you? Has it been present a long time, or is it a recent addition to your world?

Right this moment, it is hard to determine, since happiness is situational. For the first time in five years, I am fighting a cold. When I started with essential oils, certain illnesses became a thing of the past, but even these oils can't stand against a sick child who wants to rub her germs on my face. :(

On the other hand, the joy of the Lord is my strength. As I remember those things for which I am thankful, it does bring a smile to my face. My elder child is surviving adulthood. She takes care of herself more and more, and has graduated college without debt. She also has a job. The younger one, who brought me the current respiratory distress, will turn 18 this year and plans to move out of the camper ASAP. As much as I love her, I love to see her claim responsibility for her own life.


This nomadic lifestyle suits me. It sounds like the opposite of what many have proclaimed for decades, but less stuff makes the brain work better. Stuff requires care. At first, I wondered if I would miss certain things, but as I do without, I wonder why I thought I needed stuff in the first place. Yep. Doing more with less makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment