Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

120103 Learn Something About Me


1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Got a divorce. :(

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I usually don’t bother making any, and 2011 was no exception. In 2012, I decided to resolve to lose weight.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. A dear friend surcumbed to cancer after living ten years beyond her first doctor’s expectations.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t leave Texas.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Income from a job that lets me mostly sit and use my brain, but allows me to walk freely when I need to. It needs to have less than 15 hours per week, and pay enough to cover my bills.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
On February 7, 2011 I became single again. I cried.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Peace.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing control.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, this pain, inflamation, and cane use resulted from a skiing accident in 1980.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A flat screen TV. My one frivolous purchase from the sale of the house.

12. Were you satisfied by your sex life?
Why do you ask?

13. Did you read enough books?
No. I don’t read as much I used to. My vision is failing.

14. Where did most of your money go?
I tried to start a business, but it didn’t go well. The rest of my money went to supporting myself and two teens.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing God work in my life to provide everything I needed when I needed it! My job does not support me and my girls, but God makes sure that we have all we need!

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
The year started with this one.
Last Resort by Papa Roach
I could not go on living that way, so I changed my direction and chose this song.
Broken, Beat, and Scarred by Metallica



Compared to this time last year, are you:

17. Thinner or fatter?
About the same.

18. Richer or poorer?
Monetarily? Physically? Emotionally? I have less, but I feel better.

19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise and sell stuff

20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being sick.

21. How did you spend Christmas?
Quiet time with father.

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, and it is unpleasant. Making a decision about loving is far more enjoyable.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
We don’t get TV programming.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people. I hate things, actions, and willful ignorance.

26. What was the best book you read?
Jeremiah. As bad as it was for Israel in that book, I know that it did not stay that way. Their destruction set the stage for the fulfillment of the promise of a Redeemer. As bad as it will be in this country in the next decade, I know that things will eventually get better. That’s a promise of God.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The piano is tuned! I can play again!

28. What did you want and get?
Power of Attorney.

29. What did you want and not get?
My old life.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Thor. Chris Hollingworth was perfect.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 53, Was this the year the the girls surprised me with a visit to my favorite Greek restaurant? They also asked some of my fiends to help with the surprise, and we all had a fun and happy lunch. I needed that.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Personally, not much. Maybe I could have used more direct help with the business, but I did not know whom to ask. Mostly, it would have been great if I didn’t live in such ‘interesting times’. As I stated before, God takes care of me, so most of the negatives are just complaining.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
My fashion concepts follow those of Old Ladies Who Don´t Care.

34. What kept you sane?
God first. When I start to lose my temper, my equilibrium, or my sanity, I check to see if I have been neglecting my relationship with Him. Time in the Word improves my outlook.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Hollingworth? I don’t know if he has a brain in his head. I was too busy appreciating his other fine traits.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The re-writing and/or redefining our Constitution by intellectual elites who think that the ‘common’ people (individuals) know less than the ‘all-powerful’ government. Also, the runaway government debt needs to be reversed..

37. Who did you miss?
Raymond. Yes, the old Raymond, who loved us more than some manipulative girl with her insane mom.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
JT.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Broken, Beat, and Scarred

You rise, you fall.
Your down then you rise again.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
You rise, you fall.
Your down then you rise again.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
Rise, fall, down, rise again.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
Rise, fall, down, rise again.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
Through black days, through black nights,
Through pitch black insights.


Breaking your teeth on the hard life a'coming.
Show, your, scars.
Cutting your feet on the hard earth a'running.
Show, your, scars.
Breaking your life, broken beat and scarred.
But we die hard!

The dawn, the death, the fight to the final breath.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
The dawn, the death, the fight to the final breath.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
Dawn, death, fight, final breath.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
Dawn, death, fight, final breath.
What don't kill you make you more strong.
They scratch me, they scrape me,
they cut and rape me.

Breaking your teeth on the hard life a'coming.
Show, your, scars.
Cutting your feet on the hard earth a'running.
Show, your, scars.
Breaking your life, broken beat and scarred.
but we die hard!

Breaking your teeth on the hard life a'coming.
Show, your, scars.
Cutting your feet on the hard earth a'running.
Show, your, scars.
Raiding your soul in a hard luck story.
Show, your, scars.
Spilling your blood in a hot sun's a'glory.
Show, your, scars.
Breaking your life, broken beat and scarred.

We die hard
We die hard
We die hard

No comments:

Post a Comment