Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Saturday, December 6, 2014

141206 Race Rants

Why does this yelling about race so infuriate me? I know why. I can't talk about it. It sticks in my throat as the bile in my stomach threatens to erupt in a violent spew of disgusting matter. No one knows. Well, my little sister knows some of it, but she wants to talk about it as much as I do. We keep our mouths closed. Karnes City was a far, far better place than that from whence we came.

Sometimes, I want to record how daily I was threatened with bodily harm for being blond. I want to explain why I had to walk six blocks out of my way to get home from school. I want to reveal why I feared other children. Occasionally, someone left both physical and emotional scars with words, a ball, a fist, a wooden bat. I once feared for my life. Then, it doesn't matter. My narrative doesn't fit the race-baiters narrative. Speaking does no good. It doesn't change minds. No one cares.

Those people are somewhere else, and no longer scare me. Certain leaders call for a 'dialogue on race', but they don't want an honest discussion. They want to lay blame. They don't want to hear about the two-way street. They don't want to hear that success takes work. They don't want to hear about the Renewed Mind. (Romans 12:1-3)

Romans 12:1-3
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, your reasonable service. 
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 
"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

In other parts of the Word, the 'measure of faith' is all there is, so how can one think higher than everything? It is a figure of speech to emphasize that we don't think highly enough of what God gives. God is no respecter of persons, so race does not matter. God does not care what is on the outside. Is a person born again, or is that person an empty vessel?

The Word of God healed me. Even though I post stuff about race, I fight the bitterness of it. I want people to see that race doesn't matter. Investing in 'fairness' causes strife and envying. Life is not fair; it never has been, and it never will be. God is not fair. He withholds merited judgement from the guilty, and gives unmerited favor to anyone who is willing to receive it.

If God were fair, we'd all be dead -- for all have sinned an come short of the glory of God.

Aren't you glad that God wasn't fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment