Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Saturday, December 5, 2015

151205 Not Magic

The Word of God is not a massive list of magic spells. A person cannot just chant in rhythm and expect a miracle. One cannot mouth the words without engaging the mind and the heart in believing. If that were true, then what happened in Acts 19?

Acts 19:13-16
(13)  Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
(14)  And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
(15)  And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

(16)  And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Another incident that shows this is in Mark 9:14-29.

Mark 9:28-29
(28)  And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

(29)  And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Honest prayer is believing, and believing is prayer. The world wants the Christian to believe that he doesn't have a prayer, indicating that prayer is weak and ineffectual. In contrast, prayer is actually mighty and certain when applied with believing.

Matthew 21:22
(22)  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

The mismatched verb, 'shall', indicates that the result is certain. God does not use words haphazardly. Dare to believe, and see the results.

No, it is not magic, but it is power. We don't need to go though rituals and meaningless repetitions to receive blessings from God. Only our Adversary, the devil, requires that. Once, I asked a friend if he wanted me to minister healing to him. He told me that he has already burned a few candles and appealed to some dead people. I tried to tell him that God didn't really work that way. God expects us to talk directly to Him in prayer.

John 14:12-14
(12)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
(13)  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

(14)  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Think about the things that Jesus did. Verse twelve says that we can do more. 

Dare to believe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment