Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Friday, December 18, 2015

151218 True Power

The first thing I saw when I turned on my computer this morning was a homage to the latest Star Wars movie. Yes, in my previous post I recounted some of my fanish deeds to clarify my place as a fandom pioneer. Somehow, I failed to list the fanfic, but no one really wants to deal with that stuff. 


This followup has to do with reality. "The Force" really exists, but it in not the impersonal, ostentatious energies that George Lucas displays in the first six movies. All of us write from what we know, and I can see how he developed many of these ideas from Reformed Judaism and popular philosophy, but misses the mark set by Orthodoxy and the closer study of scripture.

Even Christians misunderstand God's power and that the past is prologue. The Old Testament explains the reason for and also predicts the New.

Collapse
God told Satan:
Genesis 3:15
(15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

What God considers important is not the same as what historians consider, but many historical clues in God's Word set the timing of Biblical events. Modern man is not the first generation to consider themselves wiser than past generations. All generations think this, which is also a devise of Satan, our Adversary. We have many, many examples of Satan's power. Watch the news and count the murders, disasters, wars, lawsuits, distractions, and politics. There is a power behind all that evil. How do people become so deluded and/or argumentative about various subjects? What could possibly motivate one person to overcome while the same adverse conditions send another into crime? Are we helpless? Has God abandoned us?

Acts 1:8
(8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

δύναμις
dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself): - ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.
Total KJV occurrences: 120

The Real Force has been in operation since the Day of Pentecost! God did not abandon us. He gave us power, then stepped back to let us use it. The Book of Acts records the power. Here's the thing. There is a learning process that too many ignore. If it doesn't work the first time, most give up. Personally, I've been at this for thirty-five years. Some things are ridiculously easy, but others I still don't get. The power may slip my mind on occasion, but I never, ever doubt that the power that God gave me is any less than prevailingly magnificent. He gives this power to ANYONE who has the ganas to believe for it. I don't want this to be a resume of the fantastic, but I will say that I have seen the impossible and have been rescued from the improbable.


The Force of Star Wars is the counterfeit of what God really does. It distracts us and has limitations. The power, the force that the True God gives us, in unlimited, because it is backed by God's Omnipotence. Rather than making us tired, it energizes us. I enjoy the Star Wars saga, but it is not real life. God is real. I don't believe because I've seen miracles. I've seen miracles because I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment