Featured Post

160110 NO Condemnation

Romans 8:1-4 (1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spir...

Friday, September 20, 2013

130920 People Like Results

Previous Entry Edit Entry Edit Tags Add to Memories Share Track This
Warning: The following discusses beliefs.

In 1981, I heard the Word of God taught with authority, accuracy, and attention to detail. Finally, my search that had started on the last day of 1974 found its true direction. I could not understand why everyone didn't acknowledge the same reasoning that the Word of God is the Will of God, and that this Word gives all things that pertain unto life and godliness. Sadly, I learned that only those who hunger and thirst for righteousness can find it.

In 1983 I started going to a small Bible college and met a woman who could have been described as my bff, or 'best friend forever'. We had a tight circle of friends with whom we did everything together: ate, worked, played, prayed, and together, we researched the Word of God. It seemed like a bit of heaven. I met some great men and women of God, who had dedicated their lives to His service, who had been all over the world, or were from those other parts of the world. It was invigorating to see how God caused them to triumph is various circumstances. I kept in contact with as many as I could in the years that followed.

Then, some leaders argued with the main leadership of the ministry. Many had found bones to pick, and few let it heal. Strife ensued. Most of the former fled the ministry headquarters to gather recruits from the rest of the country.

"The root is dead!" they proclaimed.
"Tear up the old!"
"Plant new!"
"Follow someone else instead!"

They flooded my area and gained many converts. My alarms flashed. I had never followed a person, I followed God, Who is revealed by His Word. People lie, and people are fooled. People who follow God can get back on the right track as long as they keep God in their sites. God's Word reveals God; only sometimes do men speak God's Word.

Our close circle of friends had fragmented along the lines of the argument. It hurt my heart to see my closest friends fall away. In 1990, only myself and my bff remained. I wrote to another acquaintance who had returned to school for further training in the work of the ministry. I asked her pointed questions concerning the terrible deviations that the divisive faction had been telling me. She assured me that they lied, and that the ministry was thriving in the absence of the strife they wrought. I wrote my bff -- and never heard from her again.

Alone. I alone stood. No, I am not really alone, because quite a few people do put God first. Many people stand with God, and fellowship with me according to His rightly-divided Word, (2 Timothy 2:15). I have no friends when it comes to God's Word, so God makes sure that the friends I have are the best!

All this concerning the Ministry has been to explain why I choose Young Living over DoTerra. Upstart copycats make me suspicious. The South Beach Diet is just the Atkins with a tan. If you want to know the standard, go to the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment